Me My body My friends My life
22nd November @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:30am on Friday, repeating until 22nd November 2019
Sexual Relationships education (SRE) and children with Down syndrome
Date: Friday 15th November & Friday 22nd November 2019
Time: 9.30am until 4.00pm
Cost: £60 per professional (£30 for second person from the same school)/FREE for parents. This includes a folder of handouts. A memory stick of resources will be available for £10.00.
Venue: The Pamela Sunter Centre, 2 Whitley Street, Bingley, BD16 4JH
Parking is available around the back of the building but if this is full, parking is available on the nearby streets but please check the parking restrictions. If it is easier to travel by train we are only a short walk from the station.
The course will include:
- How important SRE is for young people with learning disabilities.
- Names for body parts. Privacy.
- Puberty for girls, puberty for boys.
- Feelings, personal hygiene, self help skills
- Touching, hugging, affection, friendships
- Safety in the community. Assertiveness. Abuse prevention strategies.
- How do we become our own protector?
Professional - £60.00
Additional Staff from same school - £30.00
Parent - £FREE - Contact us for booking
Book by Post
Download and complete the ME My body My friends My life Booking Form 2019 to book by post