21 is the magic number
21 CHROMOSONES, 21st MARCH,
THE 21st ANNIVERSARY OF OUR CHARITY,
CAN YOU RAISE £21 BY DOING 21 THINGS?
Throughout March we would like to encourage members to raise money for our charity. We are suggesting £21 by doing 21 things, for example, baking 21 buns or doing 21 press ups or learning 21 signs, and asking for sponsors….
You could do it with friends, family and work colleagues.
OUR GOAL IS TO RAISE £2100.
Have a great idea and want to register?
Here’s the form: https://form.jotform.com/210464154516349
THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO FUNDRAISE AND SUPPORT OUR WORK
every little helps
HOW YOUR DONATIONS CAN HELP US
We are passionate about ensuring our children realise their full potential in life. Your donations will help us to continue our work and make a real difference to our children, young people, and their families, for years to come.
£10 will fund one new parent support pack which will go into a local hospital ready for a new born
£50 will fund one family Saturday session; these run monthly
£50 will fund one weekly dance session. Dance classes run for both younger children; Twirly21s, and young adults, dance21.
£150 will fund one weekly youth club session; our WisH Club which runs every Friday evening
£200 will pay our internet and phone bill for one month
£250 will fund a learning support pack for a child – full of educational information and resources
£450 will fund our rent for one month
£600 will fund 10 early development groups for children aged birth to 6 years,catering for 50 children each month
£1000 will fund 10 speech and language groups for children aged 5+ catering for 50 children and young people each month
MAKE A ONE OFF OR REGULAR DONATION
You may wish to make a one off or regular donation. You can do this through Virgin Giving and if you are a UK tax payer we can increase your donation by 25% through Gift Aid.
JOIN OUR 100 CLUB
Our 100 Club is monthly prize draw. Anyone can join and help support our charity; families, friends, grandparents, work colleagues and businesses.
We are asking for £24 a year (£2 a month) which will give you one entry into our monthly draw for 12 months plus a bonus draw at Christmas!
50% of the proceeds raised from donations will support the running or our charity and 50% will provide a prize fund to give back to our supporters. The more people who enter, the more funds we raise and the bigger the prizes become!
Join today by completing the form below
PLAN A SPONSORED EVENT
Your event could be a sponsored event, a cake sale, a dress up day; anything that generates interest and you will enjoy doing. Click here for a list of ideas.
The event can be as large or small as you want.
Once you’ve decided what you want to do please contact us as you will need to complete a form detailing your event and we can then help you to promote it. We can also provide collecting boxes, labels for buckets and posters. If you need any help just get in touch.
Virgin Giving is a good way of running a sponsored event. People donate sponsor money towards your target – and the money comes direct to us and can be Gift Aided if your sponsors are UK tax payers.
DONATE INSTEAD OF SENDING CARDS
Virtual birthday and Christmas cards.
Visit www.DontSendMeACard.com where you can send an e-card and again help raise more funds for us.
Designs are available for every occasion.
DONATE IN MEMORY OF A LOVED ONE
Making a donation in memory of a loved one is a positive way of commemorating their life, whilst giving something back to a charity that has been close to their hearts. Many families and friends choose to remember a loved one by making a donation in their memory to mark significant dates such as birthdays or anniversaries, or perhaps instead of buying funeral flowers.
You could also co-ordinate your ‘in memory’ donation online by creating a page on Virgin Giving.
LEAVE A LEGACY
A gift left in your will can help us to continue our work with children and young adults with Down syndrome into the future. Your generosity could make a real difference to our children, young people, and their families, for years to come.
The amount can be large or small and can be a gift after your family and friends have been provided for. For example you could leave 99.9% of your estate to your family and friends and 0.1% as a gift to us and/or other charities of your choice.
Under present rules, a gift left to charity is free of Inheritance Tax.
If you would like to talk to us about leaving a gift in your Will, please contact us.
TOP 10 FUNDRAISING IDEAS
1. Dress down or up day – get your school/work place to organise a dress down or up day. Ask everyone to pay £1 to wear their own clothes to school/work rather than your normal uniforms or suits. Have fun dressing up.
2. Quiz evenings – get your local pub to hold a quiz night. Charge an entrance fee and get prizes donated. If you’re having any problems getting your pub to say yes just remind them of all the extra customers they’ll have!
3. Sponsorship – you can get sponsored to do anything these days. Be it giving up smoking, waxing your chest (men only, presumably!), bungee jumping, growing a moustache, losing weight - whatever you choose!! You can get sponsorship forms from our office.
4. Sports – If you’re a member of a sports club, golf club or gym, why don’t you organise a charity day? You could hold a 5-a-side football event, a golf day, an aerobic-a-thon or anything. You’ll have the support of the members and your family and friends.
5. Be creative – if you’re the arty sort then why not design and make seasonal cards to sell (make sure they’re easy to make as you could be inundated). People love receiving hand made cards and you could ask for a donation for every card you sell.
6. Bring and Buy/Garage Sale – a great way to clear the decks and de-clutter the house! Get all your friends and family to have a clear out and donate any clothes and knick knacks to sell with all the proceeds coming to us! Make sure you publicise it well in advance!
7. Odd jobs – offer to help your friends, family and neighbours in return for a small donation. You could do gardening, wash cars, go shopping, clean the house, do the washing up for a week or anything!
8. Party – Hold a party, BBQ, coffee morning and organise a raffle. Everyone will have a great time with the added bonus of knowing they have made a difference.
9. Auction of promises – get promises of services. Lots could range from two hours of dog walking to airline tickets, baking a cake to landscaping a garden. Hold a cheese and wine evening and charge an entrance fee (to raise extra money) and auction the lots to the highest bidder.
10. Eating Challenges – ever tried eating a jam doughnut without licking your lips? Or challenging your friends to a poppadom eating competition – how many can you eat in a minute?